First Date Tips
Upscale, Offline Matchmaking
- We encourage you to not exchange cell phone numbers. We will handle the communicating for you until a second date is scheduled.
- Confidence is the best trait you can have on a date.
- Listen. Don’t immediately jump in after they finish a story. Pause for three seconds to see if they have something else to add.
- Do not bring up past relationships.
- Make it a 2-way conversation – Ask questions
- Avoid Name dropping
- Watch how much alcohol you consume
- Do not brag about yourself
- Show respect. Show up on time, be polite to the wait staff, and give your date your undivided attention. (Don’t worry. If you don’t hit it off, you don’t have to date him/her again. But while you’re on the date, show off your social etiquette skills.)
- Be present. Show interest in your date and be an active listener. Don’t let it be all about you. (If you talk non-stop when you’re nervous, try to be aware of this and intentionally refocus the conversation on him/her.)
- Be decisive. Hemming and hawing all night — “I don’t know, what do you think? What do you want to do? It’s your call.” — isn’t attractive. If your date gives you options, pick one.
- Turn off your phone during a date, or at least keep it out of sight. You need to give them your undivided attention.
- You should split the bill on the first date.
- Relax, be yourself, smile, listen, enjoy and HAVE FUN!